If you just asked “Who’s Nikola Tesla?” I’ll answer once I stop sticking pins in these Thomas Edison and American history teacher voodoo dolls.
Actually, no, I won’t tell you who Tesla is – I’ll let the Oatmeal do it. Click on the screencap below – warning, though, there is some righteous cussing at the link.
I first learned about Tesla from Spider Robinson – who created an alternate reality where not only did the great man not die alone and bankrupt, he got to hang out at Callahan’s Place. Nowadays he’s a frequent costar on SciFi’s Sanctuary (I know, they spell it differently now – I just don’t care) – as a vampire. It’s not remotely true to historical fact – but it is kind of fun.
So happy Tesla Day – hug a geek today. Wait, he’d have hated that. Wave at a geek today.
- Happy Birthday, Nikola Tesla! (wired.com)
- Quote of the Day – Nikola Tesla on Connections (schnik.it)
- Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla! (adafruit.com)
- Nikola Tesla Day: most genius geek in history (agbeat.com)
- Remembering Nikola Tesla (sporkinthedrawer.typepad.com)
- Our Favorite Tesla-Inspired Fiction & Art (tor.com)
- H.P. Lovecraft and Nikola Tesla, Paranormal Investigators (neatorama.com)
- The Secret of Nikola Tesla and the Failure of Thomas Edison (itsabeautifulearth.com)