Remembering all those who died – and, at the moment, especially Frank De Martini and Pablo Ortiz. Port Authority employees on the 88th floor of the North Tower, they saw everyone on their floor on their way to safety, and then went up instead of down to, ultimately, save 77 people. They did not make it out of the building themselves. Their actions inspired those they aided to, in their turn, help others.
This is what 9/11 did to us. Yes, it hurt us. It made us bleed. But fire tempers steel. It brought us together, and made us stronger. That is what we need to remember.
- City remembers fallen heroes at community service (news-journalonline.com)
- OUR OPINION: Remembering the day we can never forget (patriotledger.com)
- 9-11 steel beams move into Fort Worth museum (star-telegram.com)
- Today Marks The 12 Year Anniversary Of The 9-11 Tragedy (wycd.cbslocal.com)
- The Shoes They Ran Away In (thoughtfulspot.typepad.com)
- 9/11 Survivor Recalls Escaping Collapsing Marriott Center (voanews.com)
- 12 years later: Remembering 9/11 (pennlive.com)