A lot of the joy of geekiness has been lacking lately; what with the vagaries of some of the folks I’m supposed to be geeked about (Matt Smith, Martin Freeman, and I won’t even mention PJ) it’s just all been missing on a couple of cylinders.
But tonight (last night, sort of) it (to mix metaphors) received CPR. The BBC America aired An Adventure in Space and Time, and it was wonderful. David Bradley was glorious. I am now in love with Verity Lambert and William Hartnell, as I ought to have been before, and as – hopefully – all of fandom is now. I want to go watch all of the first seasons of Doctor Who, as – hopefully – all of fandom does now.
Oh, as they say, the feels.
Anyway. One of my very favorite things Doctor Who has ever ever done was “Time Crash”, the mini episode that joyously brought the Tenth Doctor face to face with the Fifth Doctor. My Doctors. As I say on the page I’m about to direct you to, I couldn’t find a transcript, so I made one. (And you’re welcome very much, I was still using dial-up and it took me hours. Labor of love, that.)
And here it is. My anniversary gift.
Now… stay up all night and watch the marathon and then “The Day of the Doctor”, or go to bed now and get up and watch? Or not watch at all and hold off until Monday, when I’m going off to the movie theatre to see it on the big screen. (I will be wearing my hand-knitted-a-very-long-time-ago 15′ scarf.) (See? Geek.) (If you’re also a geek you should know that the Doctor’s scarf was 17′ long. I scaled it down. I’m short.)
All together now – Ooo ee OOOO …
- See new pics of David Bradley as Doctor Who’s William Hartnell in Adventure in Space and Time pictures (mirror.co.uk)
- It’s Almost The Day of the Doctor (metaverse.wordpress.com)
- Whovians: Prepare To Take a Trip Back with An Adventure In Space And Time (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- Review: ‘Adventure in Space and Time’ a fun take on ‘Doctor Who’ start (latimes.com)
- Doctor Who star Matt Smith ‘meets original Doctor William Hartnell’ in 50th anniversary film An Adventure in Space and Time (mirror.co.uk)
- Our Doctor Countdown 4 : William Hartnell (believeingeek.wordpress.com)
- ‘An Adventure in Space and Time’ is One of the Best TV Experiences of 2013 (screenrant.com)
- Second Review: An Adventure in Space and Time (doctorwhoarchive.com)
- ‘An Adventure in Space and Time': Try not to cry at the origin story of ‘Doctor Who’ (popwatch.ew.com)